Day Shift Monday- Friday
All aspects of Accounts Payable – Invoice matching, entry and cheque processing, filing and dealing with vendor inquiries
- Print off invoices/statements as required from e-mails and open invoice/statement related mail
- Match invoices to purchase orders, purchase requisitions, receiving slip/work order – follow-up on discrepancies
- Ensure appropriate approvals are obtained and processed per company policy before payments are made
- Work with Senior Financial Analyst and VP Finance to determine cash flow availability to pay vendors, paying within payment terms and adherence to payment deadlines for key vendors
- Reconcile A/P at month end to General Ledger
- Process vendor payments as required – ensure disbursement package is complete for review. Work with Senior Financial Analyst to setup EFT/Wire payments.
- Handle vendor inquiries for payments as well as internal inquiries into payables
- Reconcile monthly vendor’s statements as required.
- Review aged accounts payable report and reconcile at month end to general ledger to ensure invoices that are old or have disputes are paid/handled appropriately
- Review aged report so that only relevant invoices/credits appear.
- Create and maintain A/P files as well as all contract files.
- Set up of Vendor profiles which includes processing of Credit applications and maintaining Company profile information
- Follow and comply with Cube Management System (CMS)
- Back-up as required for departmental vacations
- Assist with any other tasks or projects as required
Skills and Education:
- 5-6 years related work experience in accounting, accounts payable (specifically)
- Demonstrated flexibility and responsiveness with working on multiple and varied requests and/or projects
- Professional demeanor – excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Resourceful, take initiative to coordinate vendor issues
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Completion of OSSGD, some college courses specifically in accounting required
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs – especially Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Experience in a fully integrated ERP system is a must preferably Microsoft Dynamics